Friday, April 07, 2006

Step 4: Extreme Webcopy Makeover

Today I watched DVD 1 of the Extreme Webcopy Makeover series. These videos consist of 8 in-depth website reviews.

As a marketing consultant, I'm often hired to critique websites so this is a topic I know well. This particular site review was for a gentlemen selling an ebook on online dating. Dan Lok starts off with an overview where he comments on the business model and analyzes the site owner's game plan. I didn't agree with a lot of Lok's comments and I think he overlooked a few things.

However, when it came to critiquing and rewriting the sales copy, I thought he did an excellent job. And why not, Dan is an excellent copywriter. This is his forte'.

Based on what I've seen so far, this is the most valuable part of the package.

I'm going to listen to a few more of the interview CD's and check out more of the videos when I get back to Texas. Based on what I've seen and heard so far, I cannot recommend this package. Were it priced at, say $297, I'd easily recommend it and would be more willing to overlook some of it's flaws.

At $997, I don't think it's a wise investment and I doubt that the pieces of the package I haven't gotten to yet will change my opinion. I've been more forgiving in the past of expensive products from people like Dan Kennedy. Dan Kennedy has released products that cost five times the price of this one that look like they were thrown together in a copy room. The difference is that Kennedy is a genius and his products contain original information. Dan Lok's package, by his own admission, don't include any information you haven't heard before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home